Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This!

Do you remember that song? Catchy little tune, huh?

It came to me as I was putting together this post because YESTERDAY was definitely one of those days!

So first off my Day 3 post is a little delayed, OOPS!

Yesterday was a little nuts and I choose to get some shut eye over typing while sleepy!



Can I just say this week is just flying by!    




Truth is Day 3 didn't quite start out like I had hoped for. I woke up with a slight headache which is totally out of the norm for me. I have a feeling my body is trying to fight off some seasonal allergies (POLLEN BE GONE)! I received a bit of stressful news right out of the gate and on top of that I needed to respond to a request from our tax accountant which completely distracted me from my early morning BOOTY CALL. Shame on me, I should have known better than to even think about messing with checking my inbox before my workout!!!

HELLO ..... CAN YOU SAY PRIORITIES!!  

I DID NOT let any of this derail me though, I simply got my early morning to dos done and went about my day. Still nursing my headache I opted for a 30 minute INCLINE WALK/JOG INTERVAL on the treadmill for my afternoon BOOTY CALL! I have to say I immediately felt better after a good SWEAT SESSION:) So I decided to stay in the zone and go ahead and bang out my TONING ROUTINE for the day right then and there. 

I opted for Katrina's Malibooty routine which I LOVED! It was just what I needed ... some serious isolated movements for the BUM BUM! One of my favorite exercises from the routine was this one ... WOWSER, IT HURT SO GOOD!


I kept my foods simple as I was pretty busy all day, but I got all the good stuff in and stayed the course! Here's a glimpse into Day 3

WAKEUP : BOMBSHELL SPELL
M1 : Egg White Cups & Grapefruit
JUICE : SPARK
M2 : Cantaloupe & Cashews
M3 : Spinach Salad w/Veggies, Quiona & Chicken
JUICE : Mamma Chia
MIDDAY SMOOTHIE : Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Smoothie
M4 : Grilled Shrimp, Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice & Spinach Salad
M5 : Tone It Up Flourless Cookie

As you can see we added a little something sweet at the end of the day, (tee hee hee)! My daughter who is doing so awesome on this program with me was having a bit of a sweet tooth and wanted something more than fruit. I was happy to direct her right to PINTEREST to find a healthier alternative to satisfy her hankering! There are so many TONE IT UP recipes to choose from which is another thing I am really enjoying. This is forcing both of us to branch out and experiment a little!



So Day 3 recap is ...  YOU CAN'T ALWAYS CONTROL THE SITUATIONS AROUND YOU, BUT YOU CAN CONTROL HOW YOU REACT TO THEM!!! 

I could have easily let the stress and craziness of the day get to me, but I didn't! And that my friends is a huge win in my book!!!!

Here's to getting healthy & happy, 

Valerie



No comments :

Post a Comment