Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

BEACH BABE In Training!

I've been a little all over the map with my workouts lately. I often get bored of just doing a weight lifting routine or boring cardio machines, so I've been flying by the seat of my pants to keep my workouts exciting and more importantly keep myself motivated!

Being a Beachbody Coach has its perks! It means that I have quite the library of workout videos and fitness programs, ranging from Piyo & Bodybeast to Turbofire & The 21 Day Fix! What's great about having such a plethora of choices, is the boredom can never really set in! If I am not feeling like it's a bicep curl kind of day I simply pop in a PIYO video and get my sweat session done on the mat (THANKS CHALENE:)!

I keep all of my videos out in plain sight so I can simply scan and choose! If I am not following an actual set program then I just keep rotating based on how I am feeling that day! For example the other day when I was trying to decide if it was an INSANITY MAX type of day or if I wanted to hit the treadmill for some HIIT, I went for INSANITY MAX! Popped in some Tabata Power & BOOM.. NO EXCUSES!

This daily rotation is exactly what led me to this video ...The BEACH BABE EDITION from the TONE IT UP GIRLS!



 I purchased this video when it first came out, roughly two years ago. I have been a HUGE FAN of the TONE IT UP GIRLS for years! As a matter of fact it's one of the very first fitness programs I ever purchased several years ago. I had come across there blog gosh I think back in 2008/2009 and instantly gravitated towards their beachy hair, toned bodies & quirky personalities;) It wasn't too long after that, that I hit SEND on the PAYMENT BUTTON and received the TONE IT UP PROGRAM!

I will be the first to admit, back then I was only half in when it came to getting healthy. If you've been following me for a while, you know it wasn't until about 3 years ago that I got serious about becoming the healthiest, happiest version of myself (insert STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS). So I flipped through the program, gave it my half assed attempt and then went on my merry way! FAIL!!

Since then I have obviously made some shifts in my priorities and have since made this healthy lifestyle stuff part of my everyday routine! But that doesn't mean that I don't need an extra PUSH from time to time, I am definitely a "I NEED SOMETHING TO FOLLOW TYPE OF GIRL":)

So, the other day as I was squeezing my glutes in the BIKINI BOOTY workout, the wheels in my head started spinning!

WHY HAVEN'T I GIVEN THIS PROGRAM A FAIR SHOT?

Truth is ....

  • I have been on the hunt for a program that offers variety in both exercise & nutrition.. CHECK!
  • I want to be apart of a community filled with like minded women who want to motivate & inspire one another.... CHECK! 
  • I want a LIFESTYLE, not a temporary way of eating. NO ELIMINATING, COUNTING or CYCLING....CHECK!
  • I want daily motivation, healthy recipes & an easy to follow routine that is maintainable...CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!

This isn't a 6, 12 or 18 week program, NO JUICING OR DETOXING HERE! This is all about creating HEALTHY HABITS, implementing an EVERYTHING in MODERATION MINDSET & finding a BALANCED approach to HEALTH & FITNESS. And the best part this all goes hand & hand with my current routine. I can continue to rotate my favorite BEACHBODY programs and add in the TONE IT UP workouts whenever I want! A few simple tweaks to my weekly meal prep and a little more structure to my morning routine (which I desperately need) and I will be on my way to becoming a TONE IT UP GIRL!  

I've spent much of my weekend scanning the updated program and plan to start with the 5 DAY SLIM DOWN this Monday! This is a great way to dive into the program offering a little more structure the first few days and then I'll be ready to move right into the TONE IT UP lifestyle. I will be using this blog to journal my progress and continue to share my experiences with you as I go about my HEALTHY, HAPPY & A LITTLE HECTIC life! 


But for now I'll start by sharing the TOP 5 reasons I LOVE TONE IT UP! 


# 1 ~
 First off... MEET KARINA & KATRINA  ~ How cute are these BEACHY BABES?!


#2 ~ 
Once you purchase the TONE IT UP program you are a TONE IT UP LIFER! That means that every new updated addition they put out, new recipe/workout, etc. plus members only area you get or have access to FOR LIFE! 

#3 ~
The TONE IT UP TEAM is continually running seasonal challenges, for example they just ran a month long LOVE YOUR BODY challenge in the month of February (kind of bummed my wheels weren't spinning earlier, I would have loved to join in on that). This is the part of constant motivation that I want and love! I know they will have a
 GET READY FOR SUMMER CHALLENGE COMING SOON!

#4 ~ 
They truly care about the TONE IT UP community! They are both very active on social media and keep up with posting, commenting and liking on Instagram, Facebook, etc. There is a huge community of hashtagers out their posting for additional inspiration! #tiu #tiuteam #tiuapproved

#5 ~
Did I mention they have a TONE IT UP APP?! YEAH, I KNOW! An app that makes accessing workouts, recipes and daily motivation that much easier:) 

So there you have it.... 

The recap is ... 

I love variety, I've been looking for a new program & I am pumped to finally give the TONE IT UP program a fair shot! 

If you, like me are looking for some extra motivation and thrive by following a program, I encourage you to check it out! 

I would love to have you join me!!


Here's to getting healthy & happy, 

Valerie









No comments :

Post a Comment