Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

5 Day Slim Down ~ Day 1

One day down.... 4 to go!

Today was Day 1 of the 5 Day Slim Down, a precursor if you will to the TONE IT UP program. It's not mandatory to start with the slim down, but as mentioned in my BEACH BABE IN TRAINING POST, a great way to kickstart the system so I decided I would give it a go!



First things first, I set my alarm an extra 30 minutes early giving myself plenty of time to get my morning TODO's done so I could make my *BOOTY CALL!

*Booty call is a 30 minute RISE & SHINE cardio session of your choice!

Knowing that I was scheduled to teach a 9:30 AM yoga class, I decided to get my BOOTY CALL in on my way to work. So I carved out just enough time to chug down some SPARK and my BOMBSHELL SPELL SHOT and hit the STAIRS for some serious booty work!

Yeah, I climbed those for a straight 25 minutes, OUCH! 


After I limped back to my car I realized how evident it was that I need to climb stairs a little more often. Kind of crazy how effective this form of cardio is! I can box jump, jog a 5k & cuss my way through Insanity Max 30... but STAIRS, HOLY HELL!! My heart rate went from zero to 160 in a matter of seconds. Needless to say it felt amazing and I clearly needed it!

GOOD NEWS IS ...

My food today was totally on point! Here's a quick break down of how the day played out in the nutrition department.

Wake Up : Bombshell Spell
M1 : Greek Yogurt & Fresh Strawberries
Juice : Coconut Water
M2 : Banana
M3 : Spicy Mustard BIKINI WRAP
Juice : Mamma Chia
MIDDAY SMOOTHIE : Kahukis Colada Smoothie
M4 : Tropical Tilapia, Asparagus & Cucumber/Radish Salad


I have to say I am not at all used to all of the fruit but there is something to be said for lightening things up and keeping it fresh & fruity! I was actually quite full for most of the day and I am guessing that has something to do with all of the liquids I consumed. I only had a short moment of hunger which fell between M3 and the MIDDAY SMOOTHIE, so I decided to nip that in the butt by going for an afternoon walk with my dog.

Speaking of walk! I wrapped day one up by completing a TONE IT UP workout from the BEACH BABE DVD and a couple extra back moves from their 3 moves to a sexy upper back! It's definitely a different style of workout than I am used to as the weights are a little lighter and the movements more isolated for toning & tightening, but I can always use more of that so I'll put the work in!



So there you have it DAY 1 a SUCCESS! I am signing off to get some serious shut eye because this girl has an EARLY MORNING BOOTY CALL (wink, wink)!

Here's to getting healthy & happy,

Valerie




No comments :

Post a Comment